The Adventurous Meal

The Adventurous Meal

Tuesday 10 November 2015

Interview with JIC's Star of the Star 2014 Award Winner

JIC recognizes the performance and skills of its employees and rates it on a regular basis. Their performance is further scrutinized and the Best Employee for the month is chosen. From the Best Employees of the month, the BEST EMPLOYEE OF THE YEAR is chosen and awarded.



In this process Amruth Chandrakanth Naik was awarded the BEST EMPLOYEE OF THE YEAR 2014 award for his exceptional talents in Leadership, Commitment towards his work and His pursuit towards excellence. 

Here are a few excerpts from the interview  

When did you join JIC and in which position?
I joined JIC in the year 2012 as a waiter. Apart from the regular work, I used to go beyond my call of duty and check if all the required items in the dining area is in place or not, if the items are not available, I’ll not wait till the supervisor instructs me to complete the task, I take the initiative and complete the job. I always complete my work within the time and ask if there is anything more I could do before I leave for the day. If there is any I would make sure I complete it and leave.


What according to you, made you “Star of the Star”
As a Senior Waiter, I always felt responsible towards my duties and completed it with conviction. May be these qualities helped me become one of the best in the star of the month awardees. There were so many people in the competition; I didn’t have any clue that I would get the award. My performance was well recognized and was selected as Star of the month in the month of Oct 14.


How did you feel when you received this Award?
When I received this Award, I was overwhelmed; I couldn’t believe that I got the award.
I called my family back home and shared this happiness with them. My family members were very happy and mother congratulated and encouraged me to perform my job with passion and bring more laurels to the family and company. All my colleagues said that “you did a fantastic job and you deserve it”.

My reward was an all expense paid trip to my home town, with 15 days paid salary.

I want to thank Management, my colleagues for their encouragement and my supervisors for selecting me. I would like to thank specially MD for honoring me with this certificate. Not only the Certificate but granted


What is your advice to your colleagues?
I want to tell them “Do your work with commitment and take the company to the newer heights, your hard work will definitely be recognized”


Testimonials


“He was assigned for a project in the food service for 2 months; his performance  was commendable, be it handling customer complaints, monitoring the packed food dispatch without any deviations or maintaining appropriate temperature in the packing area, every work given to him was handled with care and commitment. He has managed the packing section without any complaints though he was provided with less number of staff during Ramadan. He showed extreme caliber in conducting TBT and disseminating the food safety knowledge to his subordinates – Sugin, Manager Operations


During my training sessions it was noticed that the he was very enthusiastic in answering. He understood the basic requirements of IMS system and it was also noticed that he could effectively cascade the knowledge to the employees through TBT Talks.

His eagerness in attending the training session and seeking for answers throughout the sessions made him unique and talented. – Vinoth, Training Manager



9 comments: